picture

picture

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The LORD Is In This Place!

Genesis 28:16
Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it."

Are you aware of HIS Presence throughout your day?
Do you KNOW HE IS IN that place whereever you are?
Or are you like Jacob - and you awaken ... whether from sleep or from the daily grind - and suddenly become aware that HE is here?

I am currently reading the book "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to LIVE FULLY Right Where You Are"  by Ann Voskamp. I highly recommend this book - she also has a blog which you will find at www.aholyexperience.com

It is due to her inspiration that I began to faithfully attempt to Live Life Fully! Right Now! On my 60th birthday - almost 3 years ago now - a friend gave me a beautiful journal that I began to journal my thanks in. Over the years I had done this as part of my daily journaling ... but never numerically and never a journal specifically just for thanks! What an experience this has been! Some of these I have recorded on this blog as part of "One Thousand Gifts".

This whole experience has enabled me to say - with Jacob - "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it."

Just today ... within the hour ...
# 637. RAIN - coming straight down from heaven - like a thick curtain.
# 638. the SOUND of rain - as it hits the road outside my window.

And as I read Ann's book these words of hers jump off the page and touch my heart ...
"The weight of God's glory, not illusory or ephemeral, but daily and everywhere, punctures earth's lid and heaven falls through the holes."

Oh dear ones - may heaven fall thru the holes for you today! May you see and experience HIS glory all around you!
Blessings sweet ones!
Ruthie



1 comment:

  1. Just today in the backyard it started raining just a bit and it startled me and when my daughter ran up all excited I realized it has been a long time since I was excited, and even startled, by rain. It is good to make note of thsee things.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!