picture

picture

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pay Attention!

Are you "paying attention"?
... to the people around you
... to the promptings of the Holy spirit
... to His Word

I am truly blessed to be part of a small group of women who meet together to pray for one another, to share our lives, to study together, to hold each other accountable. Oh! I am a blessed woman indeed!
Thank You, , Lord

There are 7 in this group .... by God's design! His perfect number! He Knew!

We are currently reading "Lioness Arising - Wake Up and Change Your World" by Lisa Bevere.
His Presence was so evident with us last night. I am feeling led to share these words with you today! May they speak to your heart!

2 Peter 3:1,7 (The Message)
Hold your minds in a state of undistracted attention...
God is poised, ready to speak his word again, ready to give the signal.

WHOA!
"Undistracted attention" ..... that means not letting anything take my focus off my God! That means seeing HIM in all I do! In all around me!
I am to do this - action verb - "hold your mind".... my choice - my responsibility.... to be focused, alert, attentive; or to be dull and sluggish, distracted and foggy-minded.

This next paragraph is an excerpt from the book:
"Allow the Holy Spirit to assess your strength in the light of God's Word, and allow hardship to become a training session, knowing you might rise up from it invincible. Allow the weight of God's Word and the tempering and training of the Holy Spirit to quicken and develop the weak or injured areas of your life. Shift your focus from how you look in your clothing to who you are in your spirit. Above all, do not fear your strength. Like the lioness, glorify God with it. Remember, when all the earth is filled with fear and is wondering what is going on, the God of heaven and earth, the Creator of all, calls you to display his fearsome wonder in how you portray your life."

Oh Dear Ones,
Ask God to search your heart and allow the Holy Spirit to show you what changes He needs to make in you; focus on your strengths; let Him nurture them and grow them thru whatever way He chooses.
Give it all over to Him - the author and finisher of your faith - knowing that He will strengthen you to then go on to give your strength to others!
My life has been a training ground - oh, how I'd love to sit with you over a cup of coffee and share how God has tempered me, grown me, and strengthened me! Even though times have been tough I would not trade a single moment of today for any of those yesterdays!
I pray you can say the same!

Blessings on you on this wonderful day!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!