picture

picture

Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Gold Ring!

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.
Proverbs 11: 22

I read this proverb this morning and it made me laugh... mind you, what it says is very seroius but all I could picture was a pig (one of ours) with a gold ring in his snout! :) It would look pretty funny!

Then I thought about that beautiful woman who has no discretion ( we probably all know her; maybe have been her at one time or another) - either in words, dress, manner or behavior. Not so funny!

Dear Father,
For all of us today, Lord, I pray for words that are pleasing to you, manner that shows You, dress that is modest and pleasing to the eye. Give us Your wisdom Lord to know when we are messing up and to correct it quickly! May we not be like the pig with a gold ring in its nose!
May we be open to Your prompting in our hearts.
Praise You, Lord.

Blessings on you all,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!