picture

picture

Friday, November 19, 2010

Blessed Assurance....

Do you have Blessed Assurance?

This refrain has been running thru my head this evening...
"This is my story, This is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long"...
I could not recall the hymn itself so I "googled it" - what did we do before we had "google" to run to?

It is the hymn - Blessed Assurance written in 1873 by Fanny Crosby - a wonderful songwriter who gave us many (over 8000) old hymns that are so precious to us... Fanny became blind at the age of 6 weeks of age due to the mistreatments of a doctor for a cold and puffy eyes. She chose to live her life with a positive, thankful attitude -

At the age of 12 she wrote these words:
O, what a happy child I am
Although I cannot see!
I am resolved that in this world
Contented I will be.

WHOA!
Ruthie --- how about making theses words yours? "I am resolved that in this world, contented I will be."
Reader - what about you doing the same?

Oh my dear friend!
Jesus is mine!
He has given me all I need!
He gives me Rest!
He gives me Peace!
He gives me strength!
He gives me love and forgiveness!
HE will do the same for you!

I have been on a journey of late and as the days progress I will share with you what Christ has been doing in my life and in me!
I am so thankful for the assurance I have in Him.

Blessings on you this day!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!