picture

picture

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Cheerful Heart!

Doesn't this guy make you chuckle? I hope so!
Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

There's an old saying - "laughter is good medicine" - or something like that. Have you recently had a good bout of laughter? It does do the soul good, doesn't it? Sometimes, though, life seems too complicated or troubled for there to be much room for laughter.
I don't know about you - but for me - lately - it's been tough to laugh! However, I am seeking His Word and trying to stay focused on the positive things in my life!
I had a friend say one time that even in the midst of all the troubles and tribulations she was going thru she never lost the joy in her heart.... I could see that in her life but I found it a little hard to understand! I KNOW it now!
Wow!

JOY in Him is in my heart - the flame is buring brighter than ever and I am so grateful for that! Even "in the midst"! Thank you, Jesus!
And that gives me JOY for this awesome season we are in ... celebrating His birth! Even more than that though - I am so thankful for HIS life on earth, doing as the Father willed - and - for His New Life to me!

Praise you, Lord.
May this Christmas time be a time of reflection for you - a time of renewal and refreshment - please don't let the world slip in and steal your joy and your peace. Stay focused on Him - and choose to have a cheerful heart!

Blessings on you today, dear ones!
Merry CHRIST-mas!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!