picture

picture

Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Slow Down"

How has your morning gone?
Did you get some quiet time before you started your day?
Did you rush right into your day without time for anything except your agenda?

I showered and rushed down stairs to find the kitchen in a mess.... only because I didn't clean it up last night before I went to bed. :(
so I cleaned up the kitchen, and then put clothes in to wash.

Let the pooch out to do his duty and had to dry him off when he came in as it is pouring out!
Gave him some food and spilled the water dish all over the floor - had to clean that mess up.

Still didn't have the coffee on! Oh No!!!!
Proceeded to make coffee and hit the side of the pot with the coffee-filled scoop - I'll let you picture the rest... there's nothing any worse than coffee grains on the floor - have you ever slipped in them? Not nice!

Here I am - laughing at my antics - imagining God saying "Slow down, girl. You have all day to do these things. Come sit with me a while. Tell me what's on your heart and I'll tell you what's on mine."
So I do!

AHHHHH!
Peace.
Rest.
Quietness of spirit.

Thank You, Lord for once again reminding me of You; of Your Presence with me.
For speaking to me and nudging me into a place of rest and quiet.
Thank You, Lord for wanting to spend time with me; for hearing my heart's cry!

What a blessed woman I am!
What a grateful woman I am!
What a humbled woman I am!

Dear friends,
My prayer for you this day is that you will hear Him calling to you; asking you to come away and spend time with Him; and that you will do just that. Don't let this short devotional be your only time with Him... take time to think about the things you pour your life into; reflect on your journey and how important He is in that journey; be quiet before Him and listen for His voice!

Jeremiah 29: 13-14
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and I will bring you back from captivity."

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God;

Isaiah 54:5
For your Maker is your husband -
the Lord Almighty is his name -
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!