picture

picture

Monday, December 21, 2009

Living With Intention!

Do you live with intention?
Or does your day "just happen"?

What does it mean to "live with intention"? It means to have a fixed direction, goal, purpose.
Does this mean that we can never have a "lazy" day with no specific plans involved? Do we always have to be so focused that there is no room for spontaneity? or unexpected events?

The bottom line for me is that as a Christian woman I must live intentionally - according to God's Word! My ultimate goals are to "be like Christ"; to show HIS love to others; to be in an attitude of prayer; to practice HIS Presence; to show His grace; to clothe myself with HIS attributes daily! I pray this is your intention as well!

This is such a "crazy, stress-filled" time of year for most people... my intention this year was to not get caught in the hustle and bustle. And I haven't!

I did go for groceries on Saturday - once in the parking lot I wondered why I was there... parking spaces were at a minimum; and once inside there were 3 carts left in the holding area! Every checkout was open, people were lined up at each one! "Oh NO", I thought to myself. I began to pray for peace, for a smile; to ask for grace; to ask for pleasent words... It was kind of fun, actually! Thank You, Lord!

YES! It is possible to live with intention....
I pray that will become your way over these next few days!

1 Peter 3:8-9
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing.

May your hearts and homes be filled with Peace and Joy and Love ...
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!