picture

picture

Monday, July 12, 2010

Beads of Sweat...

Oh my!

The humidity has been "deafening" these past few days... with very little relief. It has cooled off a little at night and with a fan, one is able to sleep. So it was again this morning as I began my morning routine of tidying up the kitchen ... My hubby says that some mornings "hurricane Ruthie" hits the kitchen with a vengeance... :)

This morning I was emptying the dishwasher and this "popped" into my head
"Beads of sweat sit on my brow,
Beads of blood were on HIS."

This stopped me up short ... I thought about these words and tears came to my eyes as I recalled what He endured for my freedom -
Freedom in Christ -
Freedom from the consequences of my sin because He took my sin to the cross!
Freedom to live in victory!
Freedom to defeat the devil at every corner!
Freedom to give HIM praise for and in and thru my circumstances!
Freedom to live beyond my fears!
Freedom to surrender all to HIM!
Freedom to live for eternity!
Hallelujah!

Oh Father God, I praise you this morning for the gentle reminder of WHO You are and WHAT You did for me... for all of humanity. May I never again contemplate the "beads of sweat" I am enduring without thinking of the "beads of blood" He endured. May this always be a reminder to me of Your gracious love!
Praise You, Lord!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!