picture

picture

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is It Worth the Ride?

Yesterday at noon my beautiful 7 year old granddaughter and I picked up my friend and her 8 year old granddaughter and headed to the beach. You'd have thought we were staying for a few days for all the stuff we had packed :) This beach is absolutely beautiful ... long, white sand, lots of sandy areas to "tuck" into with your chairs etc., beautiful green and blue water!
However, it is an hours drive away! (most beaches we go to are within 10-30 minutes away)

We parked the car in a sand dune, gathered our stuff and walked on hot white sand to the beach area...I had been there before - the other girls hadn't - this was my "gift" to them that day - I heard a collective WOW! and my grandaughter said, "This was worth the ride!"

That made my day right there!


A week or so ago our Pastor asked this question: "Is the reward of Jesus worth the risk of following?"
And I say, "yes, yes, yes!"

But some people don't answer yes to the question.... they think they have to give up too much - that the cost is too high - to follow Jesus. Not knowing - or believing - that the rewards are so much greater than anything they might give up! Besides all the wonderful "earthly" rewards such as peace, joy, patience, forgiveness, compassion, conviction... there is the eternal reward of heaven. How my heart breaks for those who answer "no".

I KNOW that someday - when I reach those heavely shores - I too will say "it was worth the ride."

Dear Ones, if you are reading this and have not met Jesus or given your life over to Him please make an effort to begin this journey - today! There is nothing you have done that is "sooo bad" that Jesus won't forgive when you repent and turn to Him. He is just waiting for you to take this step. Yes, it will be a costly ride but it will be so worth it.

Praying today for our lives to be a reflection of Him; that we may see the mysterious working of God all around us; and that the words of a little child will direct our thoughts to HIM.

Blessings and Peace to you,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!