picture

picture

Monday, January 10, 2011

"Get Behind Me, Satan!"

Luke 4:8
And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "

James 1:19-20
"So then, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

I have been hit hard in the past 24 hours with the knowledge of the condition of my heart. Hmmmm - I believe some pride had slipped in there to the point where I was thinking I was OK . My heart was hardened to some things, judgmental, and critical. How did that happen? I was slipping in my daily Word reading and prayer life because I was focusing on the wrong things. I spent way too much time focusing on my health issues and upcoming tests and not enough time on HIM! The thief was trying to kill, steal and destroy - as he always does. He is so insidious that I didn't even sense that he was playing with me - til WHAM! I was hit and hit hard! Have you ever been here, dear ones?

I "reacted" in a very unrighteous manner with two of the most loved people in my life.
Oh, the lies Satan filled my head with! And instead of being like Jesus and telling Satan to get behind me; instead of choosing what was right; I responded in anger.

I allowed Satan to tell me lies, to sneak up on me and to try and destroy my joy, my peace, my contentment.
I have had to confess, repent, and ask their forgiveness - neither has responded to that request at this point... How thankful I am that our Heavenly Father doesn't take time to think it over. If we humble ourselvs before Him and are repentent - He forgives. Hallelujah! What a lesson for me.

I Praise God for His mercy - so undeserved by me; and for His grace. He and I have had a long session together - I accept the forgiveness He offers and pray that this situation I find myself in will make me a better person. All I can do now is pray for Him to work in their lives - not because I deserve their forgiveness - but beacuse I don't! I don't want either of them hanging onto the resentment that a situation such as this can leave us with.... not for me - but for them! I pray for HIS love to cover all!

Father God,
I so need You -Your love and mercy. I am so thankful that You looked down upon me and saw such a wretch and gave ME Your amazing grace! I praise You, Lord! Fill me with Your Spirit - May I move forward with more of You and less of me than ever before. I give it all to You.
In the precious and holy name of Christ,
Amen

This is my prayer for each one reading this today... no matter what curve balls life has thrown your way may you ever know that He never changes; He is always just and holy. He never leaves you nor forsakes you. He is always ready to offer His forgiveness to a willing and repentent heart. Come to Him and find rest in Him.

Your humble servant,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!