1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of your tender merices, blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me throughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4. Against You, You only have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight - that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge.
5. Behold I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.
6. Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy spirit from me.
12. Restore to me the joy of Your slavation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners shall be converted to You.
14. Deliver me from the guilt of blood shed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; you do not delight in burnt offering.
17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart -
These, O God, You will not despise.
18. Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.
19. Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering; then they shall offer bulls on Your altar.