picture

picture

Friday, July 25, 2008

Are You A Caterpillar Or A Butterfly?


“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Creator calls a butterfly.”

I read this somewhere a while back - don’t remember who quoted it –
If I did I would certainly give them credit for it!

This spoke volumes to me about how we see things
and how our gracious Father sees things!

Lots of times we’re not on the same page at all.

I firmly believe that Christians MUST begin to see our family,
our friends, the lost, and our circumstances thru HIS eyes –

Do you think maybe we need to ask Him to reveal His visioning to us?
I do!
Often, I ask Him to help me see a particular person or circumstance with His eyes!

2 Corinthians 5:17 –
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
old things have passed away; behold all things have become new.

Are you looking at things as the caterpillar does?
[fill in the blank]

Do you see ______________________ as the end of the world?
The separation from your spouse? Divorce?
The loss of a loved one?
The wayward child? The loss of a job?
Financial despair? Depression? Physical illness?
The abuse you encountered in childhood or in a relationship
with someone you trusted and loved?

You need to KNOW that God sees all these circumstances as a new beginning –
as a way for His glory to shine in your life....
but you need to allow Him to do a work in you!

My story is a personal witness to the saving grace of God in my life...
I have encountered most of those things I mentioned above –
but God got hold of me and He made me a New Creation!
He gave me New Life! In Him!
A New Beginning!

Praise His Holy Name!

He carried me thru the darkest times of my life
(Isaiah 43:1-2; Hebrews 13:5; Lamentations 3:22-24)

He allowed me to rest in the cocoon of His safety and peace
until I ventured forth as a butterfly.

Have you ever seen an “ugly” butterfly?
I haven’t – even the plainest of all are still beautiful!
And that’s the way it is with us ... He gives us a beauty that comes from Him...
not from any outward adornment –
An inward beauty that shines when we allow His love
and changing power to show to the world!

I pray for those reading this today that you will allow Him to do the work
that needs to be done to turn you into a butterfly ...
a New Creation ...
and that no matter what life brings your way
you will rest in the knowledge that He is in control;
that His plan far exceeds our plan.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

May you fly today on the wings of a butterfly!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!