picture

picture

Thursday, July 24, 2008

He Rejoices Over You!

Do you know this to be true?

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
he will take delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

Rejoice – be cheerful; glad; joyful; make mirth
Joy – glee; gladness; pleasure
Singing – shrill sound; shout; cry of gladness or joy

What was your view of God as a child? As a new Christian?
Did you picture Him taking delight in you? Quieting you with His love?
Singing over you?
I didn`t!

As a child I believed in Him; Knew He resided in heaven;
But knew nothing about having a personal relationship with Him
nor that He desired to have a relationship with me!

When I was saved (20 years ago) I knew He loved me;
Wanted to be in relationship with me;
Would protect me; carry my burdens and me;
But I did not understand the truth of Zephaniah 3:17 until just recently-

I’ll say more about that on another day ...
For now I pray that whoever is reading this will BELIEVE and KNOW
that your Heavenly Father rejoices over you!
Rejoices over you with singing!
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see God as being joyful?
A couple years ago a friend gave me a framed picture of Jesus with His head
thrown back, laughing!
It is a very special picture and sits in my office so that I see it daily!

Luke 15:7, 10 tell us that there is much rejoicing in heaven when one sinner repents!
I know that God participates in that rejoicing over one who turns to Him!
How thrilled He must be!

He is preparing for those who call Him Father, the “party of all parties” in the
form of the wedding supper of the Lamb ...Revelation 19:7-9

Were you aware that He sings over you?
Think about this... have you sung over your children; your grandchildren;
your nieces and nephews?

I remember singing lullabies to my daughter –
more recently I remember singing over my granddaughter.

Before she was born I wrote a song for her –
to be sung to the tune of “Jesus Loves Me”.
This song tells her how much we – her earthly family - love her;
how precious she is to us;
and how much Jesus loves her!

Her mom and I began singing it to her from the moment of her birth ...
She eventually learned the words and sings with us!
When she needs to feel quieted or loved she will ask us to sing “her song” to her.

The joy and rejoicing in my soul is indescribable!

Just think!
God sings over me with rejoicing!
Over YOU with rejoicing!

May that truth fill your heart and soul today!
And may you believe every truth in His Word!
May knowing that He rejoices over you with singing change how
you see yourself – may you see yourself thru His eye!

Have a wonderful, joy-filled day!
Listen closely – you may hear His still small voice singing over you!

Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!