picture

picture

Thursday, July 17, 2008

LIVING WATER!

Today has been an incredibly hot day with temperatures reaching the low 30s C. Needless to say it has been necessary to keep hydrated by drinking lots of cool refreshing water. This has led me to thinking of the hydration of our souls....
In John 4:13-14 Jesus says to the Samaritan woman at the well, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
I have had an old hymn running thru my head today –
“Fill My Cup, Lord” by Richard Blanshard

The chorus says ...
“Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more,
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

What “things” do you try to fill up on?
Affirmation from others, your husband/children, your career?

Has He filled your cup today? Have you knelt at His feet today?
Have you said to Him, “Here’s my cup Lord, Fill it up – quench this thirsting in my soul and make me full to overflowing with your love and grace


In John 7:37-38 Jesus says “If anyone thirsts,
let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me,
as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

Run to Him right now –
lift your cup high and ask Him to quench your soul today!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!