picture

picture

Monday, July 28, 2008

He Will Quiet You With His Love


The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

The New Living Translation reads this way -
“For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior.
He will rejoice over you with great gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will exult over you by singing a happy song.”

How comforting this verse is in a time of distress;
when I’m feeling like no one loves me; like no one would ever rejoice over me;
when my mind and soul need rest; when I feel most un-delightful!

I read this verse and I think, “He delights in ME? No way!
YES! ME! He will quiet me with His love! He will rescue me and quiet Me!
Thank You, Jesus! He sings over me as a parent sings over a child!
His Word says it!
I believe it!”

This past winter and spring I have been battling depression –
((and some physical ailments))
Depression has been a periodic thing with me over the years
and probably will continue to be ‘til I’m free
and see my Savior face-to-face.

I love God so much and so don’t want to disappoint Him
that I DENIED this was happening to me again.
This went on for a number of months until I reached a place where I was
no good to anyone –
including HIM!
I didn’t want to see anyone – but put on a front - except with my husband,
who bore the brunt of my “attitude” and “moods”.

I felt like crying all the time – and did.
Those who know me would say, “That’s nothing new!”
because I am a “leaker” by nature!
But this was different!

Kevin just continued to love me and “let me be” whatever I was at any given time!
He sure has been “an answer to prayer” in my life!
And as I write this I’m hit with the realization – afresh and anew –
that God continued to love me even in my darkest time!
I KNOW His Word says that He will never leave us nor forsake us...
But I didn’t ‘FEEL’ it!

Hey! It doesn’t matter if I ‘FEEL’ it or not - it IS the TRUTH
and I WILL BELIEVE His Word above all else!

Psalm 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book. (NLT)

Imagine that – He keeps track of our sorrow and collects our tears;
records them in His book.
Wow! He cares about me (you) that much that He’s interested in every detail!
And in the distress “He quiets me (you) with His love.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

Thank You, Lord for your gentle hand on my life;
for calming my fears; and quieting my heart!

But BEST of all –

Hear what Revelation 21:4 states.....
“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes;
there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.
There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” (NKJV)

He will wipe away the tears..... Oh My! Can you imagine it?
He will wipe away the tears - How awesome is that!
And there will then be no more crying, or pain,
or sorrow, or death!
Hallelujah!

I’m praying for you today, Loved One,
That no matter what your circumstances might be, you find rest and peace in Him,
and in the truth that He will quiet you with His love;
He rejoices over you with singing NOW;
And - someday –
He will wipe away your tears!
“What a day that will be!”

Be encouraged by His Word!
Blessings to you!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!