picture

picture

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Giving Thanks

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.


I have soooooooooooo much to be thankful for! I celebrated my 60th birthday last week - it seemed like the celebration went on for days!

But hey! That's a good thing, right?

#45 - the BEST gift of all:
the whole family was together...
my daughter and grand-daughter, Kev's children all 3 of them, one with a girlfriend!
What a blessing to have us all together!
Sunday morning, daughter and grand-daughter were going to leave
around 10:30 to head back to the city (3 hours away) b/c Madison
had a bitrthday party to go to in the afternoon...
She didn't want to go.
Her words, "No, mommy. I want to stay here with my family."
How precious is that.
So we went to the beach - and had a blast!
Even in the fog!

I will cherish thie memories of this time together -

A surprise birthday party!
I had NO CLUE as to what they were up to!
And Madison kept the secret too!
I am so thankful to my loving Heavenly Father for the blessings He bestows on me everyday!

Angela-Rae and Madison took Grammie to lunch on Saturday
(Grampie was at the Market unitl 1 p.m. and couldn't come) -
When we returned home the house was full of people!
One of my dear friends (Thank you, Jane!) gave me this journal ...
I told them of the One Thousand Gifts community and that this journal would become my Gratitude Journal...
(I was just keeping notes in a dollar store notebook by my computer!)

I wanted to share Jane's beautiful work with you!


I am so thankful for my family and my "girlfriends" --- They are all so precious to me!
Thank You for them, Father.
Bless them today!
May they KNOW You are with them all the way!

If you don't yet keep a record of your blessings I would encourage you to start doing that now!
Have a wonderful day.... even though the rain and humidity have returned!

Peace and hugs!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!