picture

picture

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-6

image from heartlight graphics

This picture portrays for me a sense of peace and rest.
The Scripture instructs me to Trust - to Lean on Him -
to acknowledge Him in everything I do....
and to KNOW that He will direct my paths!
I experience such freedom and peace when I give it all to Him;
when I surrender to His ways;
when He is in control!
This following poem has long been a favorite of mine...
May you read it today and find rest for your soul!
Make this your prayer today!
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen
- Richard Niebuhr
Have a wonderful Christ-filled, surrendered day!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!