picture

picture

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Songs

Another day of clouds and fog and heat.
The patio doors are open; birds are singing; AND - the crows are “crowing”.
I stand and listen to a crow as he caws – it almost seems that he is trying to make a melody come forth but is not quite succeeding. There is a rhythm but the “song” is a bit grating.
And yet I smile and thank God for this creature. In my mind I tell him to keep doing his thing –
he is a creation of the magnificent Creator and God smiles on Him... so shall I.


Finches, chickadees, cardinals fill the house with their melodious songs and that makes me smile too. Their songs bring pleasure – because of the richness of the melodies. Maybe I’m a bit nutty but the crow brings me pleasure too.

I think about this community I live in – filled with all sorts of people... all whom have a song – of one sort or another.
Maybe the song is one of joy, peace, thanksgiving...
Maybe it’s one of heartbreak, pain, struggle...
Maybe it’s filled with the grace of God;
Maybe it’s filled with guilt from Satan.

My heart fills with love and tears for them all – My fervent prayer today is for each one to know Jesus!
He loves each one no matter the song in our heart! He wants to give us a new song!
One of praise, joy, thanksgiving, and love!
Give me a new song today Lord! Give us each a new song today!
And in the midst of developing that song may we encounter people who will love us, smile on us, take us by the hand, and walk with us! Thank You, Lord!

Dear Reader, Maybe YOU will be that person for the lonely singer!

Whatever your “heartsong” may be today KNOW that He loves you with an unfailing love! That He wants the best for you and that He is mighty to save.

Blessings on you today dear ones!
May His peace be yours!
Ruthie

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!