picture

picture

Friday, October 9, 2009

Grace & Peace...

Grace and Peace be yours in abundance.
1 Peter 1:2

I have been reading 1 Peter - a letter of encouragement - in preparation for some Small Group lessons I'm preparing. This particular part of verse 2 has resonated with me a lot these past few days.
Oh how I need - how I desire - HIS Grace and Peace in abundance!

  • driving in heavy rains in a vehicle I'm not used to driving

  • constant interaction with an almost 7 year old - whom I love dearly! - and a 4 month old puppy!

  • a hubby who raises free-range chickens and turkeys (among other animals) - the turkeys in preparation for Thanksgiving which is this weekend ...and he runs in the house at 9 a.m. needing his cash b/c there are people lined up at the shop to buy their turkeys and he's trying to "feed the farm" and ......

  • drivers who don't know or don't adhere to the rules of the road!

  • grocery shopping - one thing I don't like to do!

  • a puppy who still doesn't know to do his duties outside.... (I guess that's my fault)

  • a phone that never stops ringing (b/c people want their turkeys!) :)

  • and on it goes!
So I stop - and ask for His grace and Peace in abundance... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit Lord so I can be gracious and peaceful in the midst! I ask for Him to fill my hubby - to give him grace and peace in abundance.

This is my prayer for you all as well! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend - and remember this - "There is always, always, always something to be thankful for!" Check out the label "one Thousand Gifts" - there you'll find the beginning of my list of 1000 things to be thankful for!

Grace and Peace,








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!