picture

picture

Monday, October 26, 2009

They're Everywhere!

Children!
Of all ages!
All sizes and shapes!
All hair colors!
Boys & girls!
All creations of God!

How precious!
Beautiful!
Handsome!
Innocent!
Inquisitive!
Free!

The other day I was in the grocery store; looking at all the selections of rice available to us; and I heard a little voice say, "Mommy." Mom said, "What David?" Little David replied "I love you, Mommy." Mom said, "I love you too, David." All I could do was smile! So precious! So innocent! I turned and smiled at the mom ... here she was pushing one of those grocery carts with the little truck or whatever in front of it and David was sitting in this and had turned to look at her! Melted my heart!

Sunday morning I watched families arrive at church... with 1 child; 2 children, 3 children, 4 children, and more; ranging in age from infancy to about 6 or 8! How awesome! And then - a baby's cry from somewhere in the sanctuary; and another; and another! How sweet the sound!

And the teens!
WOW!
They're everywhere too!

Matthew 18: 1-6
At that time the disciples came to Jesus saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

May we see these children thru His eyes - and may we nurture them; love them and their families; may we emulate them in our attitudes of praise and worship!
Resting in HIM,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!