picture

picture

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Special Place!

Ever since our precious grand-daughter could sit on the swing I have pushed her and sung to her there - under the apple tree.
I would sing my own rendition of "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" ... singing "Don't SWING under the apple tree with anyone else but me!" And I changed the words at the end telling her how much I loved her! This past month the apple tree that the swing was hanging from blew over... (the one next to it blew over a couple months before that)... Grampie has since cut them both down for firewood.
When I visited with Madison this past weekend I told her about the trees and the swing.
She said, "Oh, Grammie. That was our special place to go to." I told her not to worry - we'd find another "special place."
Do you have a "special place" you visit with a child, or grandchild? With your spouse? What about with God? Do you have a place where you meet Him everyday? Where your mind is drawn to Him and what He wants from you and for you? I guess I'd have to say that my "special place" is at my desk ... or at the kitchen table! There really is nothing extra ordinary about either of these places - except that HE meets me there! Praise God!
Another "special place" is in my car ... on a long drive... we truly commune in these times! I sing at the top of my lungs and give Him praise!
Dear Ones,
I hope you have a "special place" - where you meet with Him.
This relationship with Him is so precious... I can't imagine life any other way! I hope you can say the same.
Blessings on you today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!