picture

picture

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

THUNDER!

An hour or so ago I looked out the windows that look out over the "back forty" and the sky was very dark "over there"; however, the sun was slightly shining here by the house. It was almost eerie - certainly knew that something was brewing in the air! Now it is pouring rain ... and thundering!

It is very quiet in the house - no music; just me and the pup; and he's sleeping; and the sound of thunder outside. I LOVE to hear it thunder - I'm not too crazy about the lightening but, hey, guess you can't have one without the other. To me Thunder & Lightening are an expression of God's power - He made a way for them both ...

Job 28:25-26 When he established the force of the wind and measured out the waters,
when he made a decree for the rain and a path for the thunderstorm.....

Exodus 9:23
When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the LORD sent thunder and hail, and lightening flashed down to the ground.

John 12:28-29
"Father, glorify your name."
Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it and I will glorify it again." The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

The thunder is a reminder for me that God is All-Powerful!
He is Everywhere!
He is Mighty!
He is the Almighty!
May it be a reminder for you today as you face the trials life has brought your way!

Job 26:14 - Who then can understand the thunder of his power? Blessings on you today!


1 comment:

  1. Ruthie, this is 1st visit to your blog and I feel totally blessed by your words of wisdom. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the Lord's thunder.

    Blessings to you,
    Yoli
    http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!