picture

picture

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

3 A.M.

Have you ever awoken at 3 a.m.?
I have ... I did ... last night!
Awake! Totally!
No noise!
No snoring from the other side of the bed!
No dogs whining or barking!
Not too warm!
Not too cold!
Just - awake!

Immediately my mind thought of this precious soul who is going thru a very difficult time right now ... I began to pray for her.
I just say thanks to God for filling my mind with her - it could have gone so many other places...
Things I have to do today - prepare for Club tonight; make a batch of pickles; run to town for a few things; get a fingernail fixed; all focused on ME.

Do you have sleepless nights or awaken with a start?
I suggest you spend time with God! Focus on HIM! and OTHERS!

I learned this lesson a long time ago:
- the more I focused on the things I had to do, or the pain, or whatever had awkened me, the wider awake I became, and the more jumbled my mind became!
- however, when I FOCUSED on God - His blessings on me; His hand in my life; where He's brought me from (even in the past week or so!); and TALKED to Him ... about anything! HE GAVE ME REST!

Thank You, LORD! for Your Rest and Your Peace!

Dear Ones,
Don't let the devil have your days - or your nights! He wants to keep your focus off your Heavenly Father - so be prepared! Stay in the Word! Commune with the Lord! - always!
May you have a blessed, peaceful day in the midst of all the busy-ness! And, may your nights be filled with HIS Rest!

Blessings on you today!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

For I know whom I have believed and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.
2 Timothy 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!