picture

picture

Friday, March 19, 2010

Have You Forgiven?

We had a little incident at our place yesterday... Grampie borrowed my camera Wednesday evening for something he needed to do and the card didn’t get put back into it. When I went to use it on Thursday I discovered this. Come to find out the card is in hubby’s brother’s pocket... And today he went to the “city” – 3 hours drive away.
Well. Needless to say I was not impressed. As our 7 year old granddaughter, Madi, would say – “Grammie’s getting anxious.” Hubby confessed that he had “done wrong” so I had to forgive him & let it go.
Later that day my daughter, Madi, and I were doing some beading. Madi made a beautiful necklace and I said, “Oh. I can’t even take a picture of it because Grampie messed up my card.”

Madi says, “Grammie. Haven’t you forgiven him?”
My reply, “Yes, darlin’. I have forgiven him.”
Her response, “Well, if you have forgiven him then you’re not supposed to talk about it again.”

Ouch!
That one hurt!
Big Lesson!
From a 7 year old!!!!

I’m sure you have heard the phrase – “from the mouth of babes”...
Well! This one was from the mouth of a very smart little girl!
How I pray that she gets this lesson early on in life and understands the implications of it .

We are so forgiven by our Heavenly Father – how can we not forgive our family, friends, and our enemies.

Dear ones,
My prayer for you today is that this is a lesson you have already learned and been able to practice. Know that you are forgiven; that your Father never brings it up again.

1 Corinthians 13:5 (speaking of love)
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Psalm 103: 8-12
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever:
he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Blessings on you today. May you meditate on this lesson and if you feel the Holy Spirit prompting you to do something in a situation in your life then follow His lead. Have a forgiving heart! Be the one to take the high road and be an example of Christ to those around you!

RESTING IN HIM,
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for using the gift God gave to you, I love reading your posts. Have a blessed weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!