picture

picture

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Your Prayer Has Been Heard!

As a church family we are reading thru the Book of Luke for 40 days prior to the Easter celebration. In reading Luke chapter one we are told that an angel of the Lord appeared to Zechariah (husband of Elizabeth) when he was serving as priest before God.

Luke 1:13
But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name of John."

The words "your prayer has been heard" popped out to me fresh and anew!
Do you ever wonder if He hears your prayers?
Do you ever wonder if He listens to your pleas for security, for safety, for healing, for circumstances to change?

Dear Ones,
KNOW THIS - HE HEARS!
He knows everything your heart desires before you even know it!
He knows the words you're going to speak before you even speak them!

Jeremiah 29:12
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Whoa! He tells us He will listen to us - He hears us!

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 6:6-9
I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.
Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping.
The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; The Lord accepts my prayer.

My prayer today is that each one reading these words - His Words - BELIEVES that He is the God who hears! Pour your heart out to HIM. He wants you to come to Him and "tell all". He hears and He answers!

Blessings on you, sweet ones, as you draw close to Him!
In Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!