picture

picture

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Capstone


CAPSTONE
A while ago I was asked why I chose the name CAPSTONE
for my counseling practice.
I wanted something that would reflect that Jesus was the answer to all of life’s questions and concerns!

Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of our faith…

The KJV states…
Looking unto Jesus,
the author and finisher of our faith…

He IS the answer for us all!
It was because of God’s intervention that I was able
to study and obtain my degree.
He saved me; healed me;
forgave me and allowed me to forgive;
He loves me; protects me; and keeps me secure.
He is my everything!

I wanted my counseling to reflect that to other people
so they, too, could experience HIM!

A CAPSTONE is the finishing stone of a structure.

A Cornerstone is laid to secure the foundation;
the capstone holds it all together.

Jesus IS our foundation, and the finisher of our faith!
Praise His Name!

When “capstone” or “cornerstone” is mentioned in the Bible
It refers to a stone that held 2 rows of stones together,
one that stabilized the foundation,
or one that formed the keystone over an arch
or at the top of a roof structure.
These stones had to be perfectly cut to create stability for the structure!

Psalm 118:22-24 (NIV)
The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone;
the LORD has done this, and it is marvellous in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Acts 4:11-12 (NIV)
He is “‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone.’
Salvation is found in no one else,
for there is no other name under heaven given to men
by which we must be saved.”

[the NKJV states ... “has become the chief cornerstone”]

The study notes in one Bile I researched states this:
“the expression chief cornerstone was also used to refer to the stone placed at the summit of the Jerusalem temple.
Thus Peter used the phrase to point out that when the people rejected Jesus Christ, they rejected the One who completed the plan of God for humankind. The phrase and its significance here would have been well understood in the first century, especially among the Jewish rabbis and people who knew the Scriptures.”

WOW!
That really makes me think afresh about His place in our lives!
He is the CAPSTONE!
We believers are the holy temple in which God dwells!
We are cemented together by our faith in Christ!

Questions to ponder:
· Do you draw strength from Him and from those who love Him?
· Are you able to stand firm when life gets difficult?
· Do you need to shift some priorities to stand more solidly on Him?

Read 2 Peter 2:4-9
In these words Peter says we are “living stones”

Imagine!
We are living stones, part of His kingdom here on earth;
With Jesus Christ as our sure foundation
and the capstone of our faith!
Praise God!

Your Sister in Christ,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!