picture

picture

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This child came to earth, lived here among us;
His love for us was so great He went to Calvary.

My heart aches when I think of what He did for me –
for all people of the world.
My eyes fill with tears when I recall how unworthy I am.

My life –
A winding road of longing,
searching for fulfillment –
Only to be found in HIM;
Only to be found when I fully surrendered to HIM.

Such peace He gives!
The longing is gone!
The search is over!

I sense a fullness,
a completeness,
a peace I’ve never felt before.
I praise Him for His presence,
for the peace that only He can give.

People seek to fill their emptiness
with things and ‘busy-ness’...
The Prince of Peace is waiting to fill that hole!
He alone gives love, peace, Himself!
Praise His name!

I penned the above ‘poem’ [I use that term loosely] in
late fall of 1995-
I was facing another Christmas season – alone.
By “alone” I mean this was my 2nd Christmas since
I had been divorced.
But I certainly was not alone!
My beautiful daughter was coming home;
I had friends, and family times to prepare for and others to attend.

Most of all –
I had Jesus!
I KNEW He was there...
I KNEW He loved me...
I had His Peace! And I had His Grace!
I had asked Him to give me the Grace to accept my circumstances,
and His Peace and Presence to fill my heart!
He answered my prayer!
WHOO HOO!
And I was so thankful for that!
I just had to share that with Him from a grateful heart!

The Christmas season never approaches that I don’t recall this time in my life ...
He has blessed me so!
He has done marvellous things!
I stand in awe of Him!
And I am so thankful for Him and to Him!

I cannot reflect on Christmas without reflecting
on the CROSS!
For a few years we placed a lighted Cross on the barn roof;
people would tell us they could see it from a long distance away.
Some would ask why a cross at Christmas...
we then could tell them the “Reason for the Season”!

For the past couple years I have seen a Cross lit up
across Lake Milo! This just thrills my heart!
My heartfelt prayer at this time of year is for people who don’t know Him
to realize that He truly is the REASON for everything!

If you are reading this today and you do not Know Jesus
as your personal Savior,
please,
contact me or someone you know who can help you to find the answers
to your questions!
He is the Answer!
If you do Know Him, and have a personal relationship with Him,
I pray that this time of year will encourage you
and increase you faith.

Father God,
I pray today for those who are searching for love, peace, hope, and joy.
I commit them to Your tender care.
I know You love them; You can give them what they’re longing for.
May your Holy Spirit draw them to You this Christmas Season.
May they hear Your Word and come to know that You love them;
give their lives over to You;
and experience the love, peace, hope, and joy, that only comes from You!
In the Precious Name of Jesus I pray,
Amen.

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!