picture

picture

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MIRACLES

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus thoroughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Do you believe in miracles?
Or do you think they were only for another time?
I fully believe that the God I serve is a God of miracles - that He is ABLE -
I have seen marriages restored when - by human standards - it was thought there could be no restoration. Only HE could have worked in these instances!
Praise God!
I was privileged to see babies born at such an early gestational age that life would not be possible ... yet those babies are young men today!
Hallelujah!

And this past Sunday....
Well, I hope I will be able to describe to you the impact of the miracle that has occurred in a young man's life -
God is AWESOME!

A young man (Peter) in my church family has been in a wheelchair for the past 4+ years due to a spinal cord injury (quadriplegic) and he had very limited use of his arms; hands were gnarled, no use of his legs. I must tell you that thru all the trials he has had over these past years, Peter's faith increased and he always had the joy and peace of the Spirit in him!
Hallelujah! What a witness just that alone was to so many of us!

Here is a summary of what he shared with us on Sunday morning...
He entered the hospital a week or so ago and the doctors thought that he would probably die. Peter had developed aspiration pneumonia as well as something else. His condition did improve, however, and they were preparing to send him home. The night before, as he was sleeping, he heard the voice of God saying, "I want you to stand up." In the morning when his doctor came in to see him she told him she was sending him for a chest x-ray to make sure his lungs were clearing as expected. As he proceeded to stand up the doctor told him to use his transfer board and he said, "I have a stronger board than that! I have the Sword of the Spirt and the Shield of Faith - and he got out of bed, stood, took a few steps, and sat in his wheelchair! They were both amazed! He said her face looked like a cartoon character - her eyes and mouth sooooo big!!!!

As Peter told us this story he was sitting in his wheelchair.... he then proceeded to stand up, take a few unsteady steps, raise his arms in the air and open his hands fully! At that point 400+ people were standing and clapping and praising God!

Amazing!
Awesome!
A Miracle!

He will soon be heading to the rehab center to learn how to walk again!
Praise God!

The doctor sent him for 2 different chest xrays as she couldn't believe what she saw on the first one.... she eventually told him he has the lungs of a newborn baby; and that his spinal cord is regenerating!

Dear Father God!
How awesome are You!
I know you are able to do anything we can imagine - and even more!
May Peter's physical miracle be a constant reminder to us that You listen, You hear our prayers. And that Your Will is for our best!
We Love You, Lord!
In Jesus name, Amen!

Dear sweet readers,
These words can never tell you of the impact of seeing Peter stand with his hands in the air!
I get goosebumps just picturing it in my mind!
I pray that you will never give up praying... and if you find your faith wavering - ask God to increase your faith! He will! Don't let the devil tell you lies that keep you from the fullness of a relationship with God!

Blessings on you today!
Resting totally in HIM,
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing God we have! I wish everyone could read this post! God does things that just leaves me with my mouth open, I don't even know what to say except Praise God! What a testimony!
    Blessings to you Sister!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!