picture

picture

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Who I Am - not - How I Feel!

“I acted out of who I was, not by what I felt.”
Ezekiel 20:9, 14, 22 (the Message)

Whoa ....
This is God speaking here –
Does this mean He might have acted out of what He felt? As I read this I have to think that He was at a place where He might have acted on His feelings. The Israelites were not obeying Him; not living by His statutes. They were making idols and worshipping them and living in unholy ways. God was angry with them – but –
He acted out of who he was, not by what he felt.

These words give me “goose bumps”!

How often have I acted on my feelings; how often have you acted on your feelings?
Take a moment or two to think about this ... did it happen just this morning?
Yesterday?
When?
What occurred?
How did you act?
It’s not a nice picture, is it?

Now – think about this....
What would have occurred if you had acted on “Who You Are” instead?
Do you know who you are?
Do you know that you are who you are because of Christ’s love for you?
You were created to be in relationship with our Heavenly Father – His desire is to make you more and more like Him every day!
I say, “bring it on”!

So many moments in relationships are destroyed because we act on our feelings....
Have you ever thought to yourself "How did this happen? I wish I could go back and start over?"
All because you acted on your feelings!
Just a short while ago I said to hubby - "why don't you go out and come back in and we'll start this all over." We were both "acting on our feelings" ... and we needed to change that!

A New Year always brings with it introspection, evaluation of the past year, and resolutions for the new one. I am praying that you, Dear Reader, will ponder “who you are” – in Christ! And will prayerfully humbly ask God to help you to make this New Year one of acting on “who you are” not on your feelings!

Wouldn’t that be awesome?

To discover who you are - spend some time in the Word!
Ephesians 1: 3-8; 13; 2:8-10
Romans 8:1; 37-39
2 Timothy 1: 7; 9
Hebrews 4:16
1 Peter 2:9, 24,
Revelation 21:7

I leave you with these words ...
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3: 17

Blessings on you today!!
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely blessed by your post! This is definitely a stop and think moment, before we respond or react to certain situations. Thank you the truth of the Word.
    Blessings to you Sister!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!