picture

picture

Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Accident

I had an accident early Wednesday evening. How my life changed in a moment of time! One minute everything was fine; I was driving down Main St.; and the next minute there is a motorcycle stopped in front of me, and BOOM, I hit it. He slammed into the car ahead of him.

Thank You, Jesus that no one was hurt.

Total shock! felt drained of all energy ... the adrenalin rush didn't kick in for me! I felt, and still feel, wasted! When I saw those 2 young people get off that bike, and smile, and say they were OK I could have fallen to my knees right there!!! My heart was saying thank you, thank you, thank you!

Minimal damage to the fellow in front; very little to the motorcycle; most of it to my bumper and hood! No big deal! It can all be fixed!
Praise God!

I knew there were vehicles in front of me - we weren't moving very fast - I guess I glanced away and when I looked up these two had stopped as someone in front of them had his signal light on to make a turn! I am so thankful we were going slow to begin with.

Oh My! Things could have been so much worse!
Thank You, Lord!
This just reinforces for me, once again, how important it is for us to "Be Ready"!

And I am reminded of
James 1: 2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

So - I am trying to consider (I WILL consider) this trial as one more step in my faith-walk... another test that I have to go thru to develop more character than what I already have! I pray for His strength and His enabling as I walk this particular journey!

Blessings on you today, dear ones.
May this day be filled with joy and may you Know His Peace.
And remember - trials are character-builders!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie
...grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever!
Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ruthie my heart dropped to my toes!
    Praise God!!! everyone is safe, Thank you. Lord!
    God is good.
    Looking forward to next weekend when I'll give you a hug in person!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!