picture

picture

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TIME TO GO: READY OR NOT!

Did you know that men and women tell time differently?
Now, I don’t think this has been proven scientifically, but here is what it is like in our house! What is it like in yours?

Some nights I decide I’m ready for bed and will say to hubby, “I’m off to bed now.” and he will reply with, “Me too.” So I go around and check the doors (all 4 of them) to make sure they are locked; turn off the TV and the lights; put dishes in the dishwasher; don my jammies; do my routine in the bathroom; and head for the bed. He is already there and says, “What took you so long. You said you were coming to bed 15 minutes ago.” This has become a standing joke with us now so we have a little chuckle about it!

On the other hand – when it’s time for us to go out somewhere together I usually say, “I’m ready.” And, I am ready – nothing to do except go get in the car. He on the other hand has 2-3 things to do – such as lock the shop; close up the chickens; put Buster on his chain... I am learning that when I’m ready I will have to wait a few minutes for him.

Recently I read a story along these lines... it was about a guy who had just started dating a girl and he was flustered that her “I’ll be ready at 2:00” meant 15 minutes or so of him having to chit-chat with her parents...because she wasn’t ready at 2:00.

But you know what? When Jesus returns he isn’t going to wait for us to get ready! We need to be ready at that moment in time! He will return in the twinkling of an eye – that is so quick we can’t even imagine it! And Scripture tells us we will not know the day or the hour... there will be no pre-determined time! He will not chit-chat with someone while He waits for us to get ready!

So friends I ask you – “Are you Ready?”
“Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life?
Have you turned everything over to Him? Surrendered all to Him?
Have you allowed Him to change you; to lift you out of the pit you’re in; to “clean you up?”
Have you allowed Him to make you a new creation?
Have you accepted His forgiveness for your sin?
Have you humbled yourself before Him – knowing you need Him?
Have you allowed Him to fill that empty hole in your heart?”

Oh friends!
I pray that you can answer yes to all these questions!
I pray that He is All to you....
I pray that you can sing these words from Isaiah 12:2

“Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.”

Meditate on all of chapter 12 and tell Him of your thankfulness and praise!

Blessings on you, loved ones!
I am - Resting in HIM!
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found this blog. I really needed to read this. I'll be back to read back posts. I needed to hear from another Christian woman today. Thanks. I'm adding myself as a follower.

    Nova Scotia, has always had a special place in my heart. Never been there, but always prayed for people there.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!