picture

picture

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Who Do You Say Jesus Is?

“Truth-Filled Thursday”
Who Do you Say Jesus Is?

Have you ever been asked this question?
Have you ever asked yourself this question?

Jesus asked it of his disciples...
First He wanted to know from his disciples what people were saying about him.
Then He asked them, “What about you. Who do you say I am?”
Mark 8:27-30

I’m sure you have heard many answers to this question:
· a great teacher
· a prophet
· just a man

The TRUTH is that He is God:
John 5:18 –
For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10:30 –
I and my Father are one.

The TRUTH is that He is Holy:
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The TRUTH is that He is the Savior; our Salvation:
Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name
under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

The TRUTH is that He is LORD:
Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Reflect for a moment –
If He is NOT who Scripture tells us He is we would be bound for eternity in hell;
we would have no savior;
no forgiveness;
there would be no heaven for us;
we’d be “on our own” to mess up every day!

How thankful I am that I can REST in the TRUTH of God’s WORD!
That I can KNOW that Jesus is all that the WORD says HE is!!!

Praise you, God!
Thank You, Father!
Hallelujah!!!

Dear Ones, I pray that today is the day that you will truly know the truth about this Jesus!
If you do not know Him personally and have questions –

find someone you can talk to who is a Believer!
My prayer today is for the “unbeliever”, the “waffler” , the “doubter”, the “backslider”,
the “coaster” - to KNOW the TRUTH!

Blessings on each and every one of you, in HIS NAME!
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! When I was in seminary, and even after my husband started pastoring churches, I have met SOOO many people who do not really know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, yet claim to be Christians. They may not believe in Jesus as the only Way; they may not believe in His miracles, etc. There are so many people in churches today, not only here in the U.S, but I'm sure in Canada too that claim to be Christian but really in their heart deny Him.

    Thank you for this post. It is encouraging to read and be reaffirmed in our faith of who truly Jesus is!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!