picture

picture

Friday, June 19, 2009

Reflection on Father’s Day!

This Sunday is Father’s Day –
the day that has been designated to celebrate our fathers...
My Dad died at the age of 92 & 11months in February 2005...

He and I had a conversation before Christmas '04 –
he told me he was tired; life was good, but he was “ready to go”.
He is now with our Heavenly Father and no longer has any pain;
his legs are strong and he can walk for miles!
Thank you, Lord!

On this day I give thanks for the wonderful caring earthly father I had.
I know many of you were not as fortunate as I was.
When our earthly father is not caring; not present;
or any of the other ‘negative’ aspects of fatherhood I could mention –
it is difficult to think of our Heavenly Father in a loving manner.

I went to a Ladies Retreat on the weekend where we studied the
measureless love of God!
How do we wrap our minds around that concept?
Well – for me –
it is a matter of choosing to believe it even when I don’t understand it;
even when I don’t feel it;
even when I question it.

Ephesians 3:17-19
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
may have power, together with all the saints,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge –
that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Meditate on these Scriptures today;
Grasp how much your Heavenly Father loves you!

· Psalm 103:8
· Psalm 103:11
· Psalm 103:12
· Psalm 103:17
· Psalm 18:16
· Psalm 69:16
· Ephesians 2:8-9
· 1 John 3:16
· 1 John 4:8-10

Live in this love and your life will be transformed!
Blessings and Peace!
Love yah lots!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!