picture

picture

Monday, August 4, 2008

“DE-CLUTTER”

To de-clutter something means to get rid of the JUNK;
the stuff that’s piled up in the corners;
things that are taking up useful space.

Well, I have a couple places in my house that need some serious de-cluttering done to them...
but this weather lately has been too hot and humid for me
to even think about working at it...
I keep putting it off ‘til “Fall” when it will be cooler!
Or that’s what I tell myself –

Ummmm? Wonder what my excuse will be then?

How about you? Do you have one (or more) junk drawers
that need to be cleaned out?
A closet? A room?

As I started thinking about this the thought came to my mind -
“What about your heart?”
Is there “junk” in my (your) heart that needs to be cleaned out?

Ouch!!!
Did that hurt?

I must tell you, at first, it hurt me! It pinched and stung!

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:7

God isn’t looking at the house we live in – although I firmly believe He desires for us to keep that in order too –
But He is looking at our heart!

Almost daily I pray for the Lord to search my heart and see if there is any offensive way in me and to lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24)

The key word there is – ALMOST

On those days that I don’t petition Him to search me and change me, things begin to seep in and eventually pile up.

Things such as old grudges, anger, complaining,
selfishness, condemnation, frustration, impatience,...

WOW!

These things sure don’t come from God, do they?
The devil begins to play with my mind and my heart –
he is such a sneaky creature!
He slips in there most times before I’m even aware he’s around.

What are some things that creep in upon you as you go about your day? You need to be aware of what they are so you can stand up against them.

As soon as I become aware of my thinking and what I’m feeling,
I do as 2 Corinthians 10:5b tells us –
take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

The Greek word for captive means to conquer with a sword....
Ephesians 6:17 tells us that
the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God.

I begin to pray - I claim His promises - I rebuke the devil –
I ask God to search my heart - to clean it out –
I quote Scripture out loud -
and my heart becomes de-cluttered once again!

DID YOU CATCH THAT?
ONCE Again...

Once Again because I am a work in progress as is each one of us!
Praise God! He’s not finished with me yet....
Neither is the devil – so we have to be “on guard” so we can fight the battle every time one comes along.
Praise God!
We don’t have to do it alone!

He will never leave me nor forsake me!
(Hebrews 13:5)

Hallelujah!

Dear Father, I pray for each one reading this today that they will ask You to search their hearts and will
follow Your leading!
May we be obedient to Your Word
and know that You are with us all the way!
Thank You, Jesus
Amen.

Have a blessed, God-filled day!

Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!