picture

picture

Friday, August 22, 2008

How Great Is Our God!

I had some quiet time today –
at times I will turn my iPod on and listen to
Praise and Worship music
during my quiet time!

I know!

You’re probably saying,
“How can it be “quiet time” if you have music playing?”

I find that music that praises our Father leads me to
reflect on Him and who He is –
this helps me to move into a Praise and Prayer time with Him!

One of my most favourite Praise and Worship tunes is
a song by Chris Tomlin called “How Great Is Our God”...
I won’t repeat all the words here –
but if you don’t know this song I encourage you to
search it out and reflect on the words!
If you do know it – sing it to your Father!

This song tells us that “He is worthy of all praise”;
that “darkness trembles at His voice”;
“age to age He stands and time is in His hands”;
“He is the Godhead – three in one;
Father, Spirit, Son”
He is the “Lion and the Lamb” -

He is Great!
Hallelujah!

Reflect on His greatness:

1 Chronicles 15:25 – For the LORD is great and
greatly to be praised;

Job 5:8-9 – “But as for me, I would seek God, and to God
I would commit my cause – who does great things, and unsearchable, marvellous things without number.”

Psalm 92:5 – O LORD, how great are Your works!

Isaiah 12:6b – For great is the Holy One of Israel
in your midst!

1 John 3:19-20 – and by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
For if our heart condemns us,
God is greater than our heart,
and knows all things.

I just recently read Psalm 104 - again –
and I was overwhelmed by the Praise in it.

The NKJV Nelson Study Bible that I use states this –

“The structure of this poem is:

1) Praise for God’s great creation (vv.1,2)

2) The creation of the heavens(vv.3,4)

3) The creation of the earth (vv.5-9)

4) The waters of blessing (vv.10-13)

5) The fullness of the earth (vv.14-18)

6) The patterns of life (vv.19-23)

7) Praise for God’s great creation (vv.24-26)

8) An acknowledgment that all life is dependent upon the Lord (vv.27-30)

9) A prayer for God’s glory (vv. 31,32)

10) A personal response to God (vv. 33-35)

Dear Readers,
Please take some time today to reflect on God’s greatness;
May your meditations be pleasing to Him;
May you KNOW that all the marvels of the world around us are the handiwork of our magnificent Creator!
May you KNOW that everything exists because of Him and that it all is a gift from Him to us!
And also,
may you KNOW that YOU are a magnificent creation of HIS!
That YOU are the apple of HIS eye!

I too, with the Psalmist, will “sing to the LORD as long as I live;
Will sing praise to my God while I have my being;”
I pray my meditations will be pleasing to Him;
and I will be glad in the Lord

Blessings to you as you rest in His greatness!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!