picture

picture

Friday, August 15, 2008

VICTORY


For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.
And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith.
Who is he who overcomes the world,
but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
1 John 5:4-5

The definition of victory is to defeat an enemy or opponent;
success in a struggle against a difficulty; the state of having triumphed!

WOW!
Does that not thrill your heart?
Does that not give you a sense of exhilaration and freedom?
Oh, how I pray it does!

As believers in Christ:
· We know we have an eternal home - Heaven! He has gone to prepare a place for us there! Praise God!

John 14:2-3 – In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so
I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also
may be where I am.

· We can have peace in the midst of difficult circumstances!

John 16:33 – These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation;
but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world

· We can defeat our enemy as we stand firm in Christ!

James 4:7-8 – Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you.

My favourite hymn of all time is “Victory In Jesus”.
The words of this hymn tell me that Jesus came to earth from Glory –
gave His life for me –
He saved me and forgave me!
He came and healed my broken spirit and gave me Victory in Him!

As the chorus says –
“O victory in Jesus, my Savior forever.
He sought me, and He bought me, with His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood.”

I say, “THANK YOU, JESUS!”

Dear Father,
I pray for everyone reading this today –
for them to know they have victory in Christ
because of what He did for us on the cross.
I pray Lord that they will grasp how awesome is the love You have for us;
that they will want to be an overcomer
and accept Christ this moment if they haven’t already done so!

Thank you, Lord for Your grace and mercy to a wretch such as me!
I Praise You God!

I can only imagine what Heaven will be like!
Thank You for the Christian sisters and brothers You have given to me on earth!
Thank you, Jesus!
Amen.


May you have an abundant, victorious day!
Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!