picture

picture

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

REST

- Peace of mind or spirit; to take relief;
- freedom from activity or labor
This is what the LORD says
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is,
and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)

I went to the New Living Translation and it says...
“Stop Right Where You Are!”

WELL!
That sounds like a command to me!
To stop, look, and listen.
We teach our children to do these 3 things when
they cross the road –
But do we teach them to use these same tools when they’re
making decisions in their life?
Do WE use these tools when we’re making decisions in our lives?

Do we seek God’s pathway – which is the good way?
Do we seek it and then decide we don’t want to walk in it or that it’s too hard so we go another way?

He tells us to:
STOP!
LOOK!
ASK!
WALK!
REST!

Seems easy enough to me! But I know I don’t always do it!
Sometimes I’m too busy to STOP;
Sometimes I’m too busy to LOOK;
(or these are my ‘excuses’)

Sometimes I don’t ASK because I really don’t want an answer because I’m depending on myself instead of God;

Sometimes I don’t want an answer because I don’t want to hear what He has to say!

Consequently, in those times, I have no REST!

Jesus says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Matthew 11:28-29

Jesus extends an invitation to us to come to Him;
to make a choice and leave “whatever” behind –
Submit to Him –
And He says He will give us rest
AND we will find it!

Sounds like a promise to me...

If I do my part rest will be mine!
Thank You, Jesus that I can find rest for my soul in You!


Dear LORD,
I pray for my sisters and brothers in Christ – and myself;
To heed Your Word; To be obedient; To Ask for instruction;
To follow You directions; To settle into You and submit to You so that we may have the REST that only You can give!
Thank You, Lord, for never leaving us alone!
In The Priceless Name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Go and find rest for your soul today!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!