picture

picture

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It’s 3 a.m. Lord!

It’s that early hour once again
And I awaken with a start.
Who is it this time, Lord,
That You will place upon my heart?

You know me so well, Lord
You know how I need my sleep;
I’m depending on You now Lord,
To give me rest in the morning
and my soul to keep.

Who shall it be, Father?
My Secret Sister,
The one newly saved,
or the lonely one I just met?
My dearest friend,
The grieving widow,
Or the one who doesn’t even know You yet?

I lift them all to You, Lord –
Knowing that You hear my pleas.
Hear it from my pillow, Lord.
Or - do You want me on my knees?

“Whatever way, Child, I hear your heartfelt cries;
Thank you for being obedient,
even in the middle of the night.”

Then my eyes slowly close as I feel Him let me go...
To that place of rest that only He can give –
And I know He will sustain me in the morning light!

The Lord placed this poem on my heart one night a few years ago ....
I awoke at 3 a.m. – and could not go back to sleep.
I remembered someone saying that when you wake up at night don’t count sheep –
talk to the shepherd!
That made a lot of sense to me ... it amazes me now, that when I am awakened in the middle of the night, He always places someone on my heart to pray for!
What a blessing it is to be an intercessor in the middle of the night
AND feel totally rested in the morning...
Because I have His Rest!

I’m sharing this with you today because I had a sleepless time
during the night last night.
When that happens to me He brings this poem to mind first;
and then He begins to bring people to my mind to lift to Him.
I may not know their specific needs but He does ...
and that’s all that’s necessary.

Before I was even aware, I had drifted off and awoke this morning with the sense
that He had been at work all night while I rested!
How awesome is that?

(I do know I was awake almost an hour because I looked at the clock at one point
and it was 4:22)

I know there are times when I awaken and my mind is filled with “stuff” –
things I have to do tomorrow;
a STAMPIN’ UP! event I have to prepare for;
a visit from family that’s happening soon;
a new Bible Study that’s starting soon;

– and if I allow these things to fill my mind, the night becomes a restless one for me –
and the ole devil would love nothing more than for me to lose precious sleep,
because then, in the morning,
I would be more susceptible to his tactics to bring me down to his level!

It’s happened –
The last time it did I told him to take a hike – he wasn’t having me –
During the night or during the day!

Dear precious reader, I pray that you will be ever aware of God`s hand in your life
and that you will seize every opportunity to communicate with Him.
I`ll leave you with this Scripture –

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God`s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Have a wonderful day!
And remember –
If your nights are sleepless – don`t let Satan steal your rest –
become an intercessor and rest in the arms of God!

Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!