picture

picture

Monday, August 25, 2008

Praising Our Lord From A to Z

One day, recently, I felt led to praise God by
going thru the alphabet!
I think what led me to that was having our grand-daughter around quite a lot these past few weeks.
She learned Scripture this past year at school
by going thru the alphabet ...

Here are the first 3 she learned:

A- All have sinned and fall short of the
glory of God. Romans 3:23

B- Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved –
you and your household. Acts 16:31

C – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this
is right. Ephesians 6:1

And so on!!!!!
It’s so incredible to hear her recite these Scriptures!
It’s amazing to me how much she has remembered.
I know that God will not let His word return void –
I KNOW His Word has been planted in her little heart
and He will grow it and use it in her life!

Thank You, Jesus!

So – here is my list!
Why don’t you come up with your own list!
What a great way to get in the Word!

Also – I’m speaking for myself now –
but maybe a way for me (us)to memorize Scripture would be
as the 5 year olds did this year in school!
Imagine!
how simple would that be for us –
no more excuses!

I’ve taken a different slant on it by looking at His attributes and finding Scripture that tells me of these!

May God fill you up with His presence as you contemplate
Who He is and What He is to you!

A – Awesomeness – Deuteronomy 7:21

B – Blessings – Ephesians 1:3

C – Chastening – Hebrews 12:11

D – Delight – Psalm 18:19

E – El Shaddai – Genesis 17:1 (Almighty,
All Sufficient One)
F – Favor – Psalm 30:5

G – Gentleness – Matthew 11:29

H – Holy – 1 Peter 1:16

I – I AM – Exodus 3:14

J – Jealous – 2 Corinthians 11:2

K – King – Psalm 10:16

L – Love – John 3:16 ; Galatians 2:20

M – Merciful – Nehemiah 9:19

N – Nearness – Psalm 145:19

O – Omnipotent – Luke 1: 35;
Omniscient – 1 Corinthians 2: 10-11;
Omnipresent – Psalm 139:7-13

P – Peace – John 14:27

Q – Quiets us – Zephaniah 3:17

R – Redemption – Ephesians 1:7

S – Sovereign LORD – (Adonai) – Genesis 15:2

T – True – John 17:3

U – Upright – Psalm 25:8

V – Victory – 1 Corinthians 15:57

W – Word – John 1:1, 14

X – Xcellent – Job 37:23

Y – Yoke – Matthew 11:29-30

Z - Zeal – Zechariah 8:2 (God’s passion for
His people)


Have a wonderful, God-filled day!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!