picture

picture

Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Yoke Is Easy…

Truth-Filled Thursday

“My Yoke Is Easy…”

Jesus spoke these words in Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

YOKE – a heavy wooden structure that fits over the shoulders of
a pair of draft animals. It is attached to a piece of equipment
the animals are intended to pull.

Jesus is issuing a call to those who are weary, those who are burdened or “loaded down” with cares, sin, excessive demands of life.
He knows you become weary from carrying those burdens –
they weigh you down and tire you out!
He’s asking you to come to Him – He will give you rest!
He will carry your burdens for you!
He’s asking you to yoke yourself to Him, to learn from Him.

He will never force His yoke upon you!
He graciously lets you choose!

Oh how I pray the truth of this Word will fill you today!
You WILL BE yoked to something in this life –
why not choose the One who gives you rest,
who teaches you how to live an abundant life!

Cast off the other yokes in your life!
Give your cares to Him and Yoke yourself with the Savior!

Blessings on you!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!