picture

picture

Monday, October 6, 2008

A "Spiritual" 911


A “SPIRITUAL” 911

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest
in the shadows of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1 (NLT)

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1 (NKJV)

Have you ever had to call 911?
What was your expectation when you made the call?

We’ve had to make this call twice in the 10 years we’ve been living in this house:
Once when there was a motor vehicle accident on our front lawn,
and the second time was 4 years ago
when I fell in the back yard and broke my leg.
We had an expectation, both times, that HELP would be on the way immediately!

SIDE NOTE:
(now it’s 3 times!)
I had just written this the day before my husband had an accident with his truck –
His brakes failed and … well!
You can imagine what happened!
He called 911 – EMS, Firemen, and RCMP showed up!
WOW!

Many years ago I read an author who described Psalm 91:1
as the Christian’s 911 call!
He is our shelter and refuge –
Our faith in the Almighty God as our protector
will carry us thru all the seasons of our life!

We should KNOW
that we can trade all our fears, anxieties, worries,
insecurities, lack of confidence, and so on,
for a TRUST in the ONE who will
be with us always and see us through!

HALLELUJAH!

We must “live” and “rest” in HIM!
He promises to be with us in the fire and in the waters (Isaiah 43:2-3);
He promises to never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5);
He promises peace (John 14:27).

At the end of Psalm 91 (vv.14-16) the Lord speaks –
“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

What a Promise!
What a Blessing!

Dear Friends,
I pray that you will accept His 911 protection and help!
that you will KNOW that He is your rescuer and your deliverer!
Call on HIM today and place your trust – your life – in His hands!

May you have a wonderful, grace-filled day!

Resting in HIM, Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!