picture

picture

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rubbish - Garbage


RUBBISH – GARBAGE

Defined as “worthless; discarded material;
inferior; vile; dung;
useless, unwanted, undesirable material”.

Ughhhhhhhhhh!
Not a very delightful picture, is it?
You’re probably thinking what is this?
Garbage? Rubbish?

Philippians 3:8-9 (NIV)
What is more, I consider everything a loss
compared to the surpassing greatness
of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord,
for whose sake I have lost all things.
I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and
be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own
that comes from the law,
but that which is through faith in Christ –
the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Philippians 3:8-9 (NLT)
Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
I have discarded everything else,
counting it all as garbage,
so that I may have Christ and become one with him.
I no longer count on my own goodness
or my ability to obey God’s law,
but I trust Christ to save me.
For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.

Paul is acknowledging that he knows that nothing he has
done in the past or will do in the future
will save him or make him righteous.

Everything he had accomplished in his life was “worthless”
when compared with knowing Christ.

WOW!
Can I say that about my life?
This is my prayer today…
that I can say that I count ALL things loss
compared to knowing Christ!

All things of this world are rubbish compared to Christ!
All of our accomplishments are for naught without Christ!
Our relationship with Christ should be more important than anything else in our life!

No amount of discipline, self-help, keeping the law,
will make us right with God!

Our focus needs to be on HIM and HIM alone!

Christ is in the believer and the believer is in Christ –
When we respond to His call, in faith,
He clothes us with His righteousness (Romans 3:24-26)
and we are made right with Him, complete in Him.

Is there anything you place above your relationship with Christ?
What are your daily priorities?
How will you reorganize them to put Him in first place?
What are you willing to give up in order to know Christ
more and more?

May your walk today be one of knowing that YOU
are a precious child of the King;
that He has clothed you with righteousness;
and that He, and He alone, is all you need!

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT)


Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!