picture

picture

Friday, September 26, 2008

His Compassions Never Fail

His Compassions Never Fail

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself. “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24

Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.
Lamentations 3:32-33

I am feeling led to share this –
I don’t know who it may help but I truly believe that God knows!
So – I am being obedient!

In January and February of 2005 my 91 year old father was admitted to
hospital a couple times for failing health –
his health had deteriorated somewhat over the year before this
and it was obvious to all that he was “tired”.

Late in the fall of 2004 he and I had a conversation in which
he told me he was tired;
he was content with his life;
he was frustrated with his health issues;
he didn’t want to die, but he was ready.

Of course, we never thought that by the end of February the next year
he’d be with the Lord!

I fell and broke my leg in two places in August of 2004…
I was not able to return to work that Fall nor in January;
and decided to take early retirement at the end of January 2005.

Consequently, I was able to spend time every day with Dad in the hospital.
Towards the end he was conscious but not able to speak to us – he would try to “talk with his eyes”… and of course, we continued to talk to him.
It was so hard to see him like that.
My Dad didn’t talk much at the best of times but this was difficult.

So, in those days where he slept a lot and didn’t talk
I would sit, read my Bible, pray, and journal.
On February 21 my reading took me to Lamentations
and to the Scriptures quoted above…
I was overwhelmed with His grace when I read them,
and wrote in my Bible -
“Sitting at Dad’s bedside, 0930 in the morning…Thank You, Lord!”

I felt such a sense of peace; I knew God had His hand on Dad -
As well as on my family …
I knew that He would see Dad over “to the other side”;
And that He would see us thru our grief…
I was relying on His great love and compassion for us all!

I also noted in my Bible on that day beside this portion of scripture –
“Dad died later in the day – February 21/05”

My brother and his wife, and I, were with dad at this time.

Was it a coincidence that I was led to that Scripture that morning?
I think not!
I KNOW it wasn’t!
It was a “God-incidence”!
Praise You, Lord!

God’s love and compassion has seen me through –
I am so thankful that I can say I serve a compassionate God!
I am so grateful for how He speaks to me – to us – thru his Word…
May I never miss anything He is trying to say to me!

If you are grieving over the loss of a loved one I pray you will
rely on HIM now more than ever before.
He will carry you and see you thru this time!

Bless you.
Resting in Him,
Ruthie

Isaiah 43:2, 3, 5
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God
Do not be afraid, for I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!