picture

picture

Monday, September 8, 2008

“I Will Do A ‘THING’”

Last September I had the awesome opportunity and privilege of attending Joyce Meyer’s 25th Women’s Conference with 2 wonderful friends!
My husband gave this trip to me as an Anniversary gift ... saying all I had to do was supply my
own spending money!
WOW!

The story of our experience there is for another time...

The first evening of the conference was attended by approximately 26,000 women praising our Lord! An incredible, unforgettable time for me!

The speaker that evening was Bishop T.D. Jakes –
He is a powerful preacher / teacher – I watch him on TV whenever I can.
I was so thrilled to be sitting in a “room” where he actually was, rather than seeing him on TV!

He used this Scripture that night –
And the LORD said to Samuel: “See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.”
1 Samuel 3:11 (NIV)

The New Living Translation says... “about to do a shocking thing”

The New King James Version states... “Behold I will do something in Israel at which both ears of everyone who hears it will tingle.”

The Holy Spirit has brought me back to this Scripture many times over the past months as my church has gone through a period of transition; and as I have grown more dependent on Him than ever before!

I truly believe that God is doing a “thing” in our church; in our community; and I prayerfully hope that that “THING” is occurring in each one of our hearts!

Reflect on that a moment!
What “thing” is God doing in your life?
In your family?
In your workplace?
In your community?
In your church?

I believe He wants the world to have both ears tingle when He does SOMETHING that can only be explained as coming from HIM not from anything a human might have done!

He is continually doing “SOMETHING” in my life! And I praise Him for that!

He daily shows me times where I need to be less judgmental and more compassionate;
“Finally, all of you be of one mind,
having compassion for one another;
love, as brothers, be tender-hearted, be courteous
(1 Peter 3:8)

when I need to be “quick to listen and slow to speak”
(James 1:19)

when I need to “think on those things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy” (Philippians 4:8)

These may seem to be “little things” but I believe they will tingle the ears of some and maybe make then think on the things of God!

God is also doing some “amazing things” in my life –this site being one of them!

I love to write – anyone who knows me well knows I have journaled for years!
That I occasionally write poetry!
That I have developed many lessons for the Small Group I lead!
Praise God = all because of HIM!

I began to dream of writing “devotionals” last Fall – I KNOW He gave me the dream!
Then I began to think about using the Web to spread His Word – to share my faith –
to have people come to a deeper place in their walk with Him!

ME! – not very computer-literate me!
GO FIGURE!

Thru a series of events (which I won’t relate at this time) here I am today!
I stand amazed at how He works when we give ourselves over to Him; give our dreams over to Him!

AND THEN!

He has brought my church through – He has done a “THING” in us as a people and in our church corporately!
And will continue to do so as long as we are a surrendered people!
Praise His Holy Name!

I (Ruthie) say “SEE and BEHOLD!” God IS doing a “thing”;
He will continue to do so as long as we, His people, do as Jeremiah 29:13-14 states –
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for me with all your heart.
I will be found by you, says the LORD.

I pray you will let Him do something in your life that will astound the hearts of those who experience it and tingle the ears of those who hear of it!

I leave you with this –

To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever .
Amen
Jude 25 (NKJV)

Resting in HIM today,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!