picture

picture

Monday, September 1, 2008

Father and Son

I am privileged to overhear a conversation between father and son:

As father and young son were rough-housing son says:
“I’m gonna sell you, Dad, for one billion dollars! Nah! No one would pay that much for you!”

Father says:
“Jesus paid more than that for me, son; He gave His life for your old Dad!”

My heart nearly bursts, as I once again realize the love our Heavenly Father has for each one of us.

He gave His Son, to die a cruel death, for you and me.
The world values things in terms of money;
But our Heavenly Father gave something that has no monetary value.
He gave His only son – that I – you - might have life everlasting!

For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (KJV)

How awesome it was to hear this earthly father tell his son of God’s great love and sacrifice for him –for us – for He did not send His Son for just some – He sent His Son for all!

John 3:16 states “whosoever believeth in Him” –
That ‘whosever’ means you and me – anyone – who accepts Him and believes Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died on the cross for them,can have the awesome gift of eternal life!

Dear Lord,
I pray for this child to see You in his earthly father –
for him to realize Your great love for him and
to turn his life over to You!
I pray for anyone reading this who has not believed as of yet, to make today the day that they accept Your gift of eternal life with You!
In Jesus Name I Pray,
Amen.

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!