picture

picture

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

As For Me...

When I read these words "as for me" I think that the speaker of them has reached a place of turning around; of taking a new path; of seeking a new direction; of saying NO to one thing and Yes to something else...
Have you ever said these words? Can you recall the context in which you did?
"As for me I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice."
Psalm 55:16-17
David spoke these words as he reminded himself of what God had done for him; that God would continue to hear him when he called out; that God had saved him! He was taking a stand!
Have you ever had to "take a stand"? Just recently I had to tell someone that I believed the Bible to be the Inspired Word of God...totally and completely!
That it is God-breathed! and that I do not agree with her on her interpretation of Scriptures .... but that I still loved her; just didn't agree with her!
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete,
thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
How about you?
Can you say "as for me..."
Are you able to "take a stand"?
Ask Him to give you the wisdom, the grace, the confidence to do this! Reflect on his presence in your life and what that means to you! Study His word so you KNOW the truth of it! Allow Him to fill your hearts and souls with His Holy Spirit!
Resting in Him...
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!