picture

picture

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Do Not Fret!

Psalm 37 tells us to not fret ... this means to "wait on the Lord, He'll handle the situation."
As I write this my hubby is" hunting down" some of his cattle which have probably been out of their pasture since last night some time; and at 6 am were heading out the highway!!! :O

I KNOW HE owns the cattle on a Thousand Hills; and I KNOW that HE is in control - but I ask myself "WHY"... Why does this have to happen! Why is hubby's life so complicated sometimes? Why does this have to happen when he is at work? Why can't the neighbours help rather than call? and on and on it goes!

And then I remember the peace I felt last night as I arrived home around 10 PM. It had stopped raining, the peepers were singing, no wind blowing, a freshness in the air - just so peaceful!
So I stop my fretting and I go to GOD and He reminds me of this Pslam...

Do not fet ....
Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit you way to the Lord; trust in him .....
Do not fret....
verses 3, 4, 5

Meditate on this Psalm sometime today... and KNOW - God will prevail! He is in control!
He keeps us from falling when we're following - HIM!

DO NOT FRET!

Thank you, Lord,
for the peace you have settled in me once again.
I try so hard to keep a peaceful household and
I thank you for giving to me YOUR peace this morning!
For taking me to this Psalm this morning!
Thank You, Jesus!

Blessings on you all this weekend!
May you "Not Fret"!
Peace and Joy - Ruthie

this is a post script:
  • hubby just called and he has them all back in the pasture except for one ... which he is still looking for! They pretty much returned on their own I guess... Didn't like that big, bad world they ventured into! :O
  • I see that the posting time on this says 2am... it is now 7am... don't know what that's all about - will have to try and fix that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!