picture

picture

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where Do You Live?

Where do you live?
Not your street, community, or country...
where do you spend most of your time in your mind?
Because that is where you live!
Do you agree? disagree?

Let me explain!

I talk with many who are still “living” in their pasts... in the hurt and pain; in the bitterness; in the regret; in the joy...and aren’t seeing today for what it is worth!

I talk with people who are “living” in the future...
what if ....my kids get in trouble as teens?
what if .... my husband has an affair?
what if ... the diagnosis is something I can’t handle?
what if _______________
and they aren’t living in the moments of today!

We choose where we live!
Just as we have chosen the house we’re in; the community we’re in; the country we’re in ..... we choose the “mind-set” we’re in!

I hope you believe that!
Once you believe this to be true and you find yourself in a negative mind-set or dwelling in the past - or the future, you will choose to change your mind-set!
You can change your mind-set!

This has to be one of my most favorite Scriptures!
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.

Paul doesn’t say to “wait for it to pop into our mind” – he says to “think on” ... this is a conscious action!

Here is poem by Helen Mallicoat:

“I Am”

I was regretting the past and fearing the future...
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
“MY NAME IS I AM.”
He paused.
I waited.
He continued,

“WHEN YOU LIVE IN THE PAST,
WITH ITS MISTAKES AND REGRETS IT IS HARD.
I AM NOT THERE.
MY NAME IS NOT ‘I WAS’.

WHEN YOU LIVE IN THE FUTURE,
WITH ITS PROBLEMS AND FEARS, IT IS HARD.
I AM NOT THERE.
MY NAME IS NOT ‘I WILL BE’.

WHEN YOU LIVE IN THIS MOMENT,
IT IS NOT HARD.
I AM HERE.
MY NAME IS ‘I AM’ ”


Wow! Which God are you “living with”?
Is it I WAS .... I WILL BE .... or I AM?

Dear loved ones –
I pray it is the “Great I Am” who fills your hearts and minds today!
May you Live WITH Him in the present!
Make a decision to change your mind-set if that needs to happen –
HE will enable you to do just that!
And if someone asks you “Where do you live?” you can respond with a resounding “with I AM”!
Whooooooo Hooooooo!

May your day be filled with His JOY, His PEACE, and His PRESENCE!

HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!