picture

picture

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My NEW Secret Sister!

We have a ministry at our church called the Secret Sister Ministry.
This ministry is all about prayer – and making someone feel special – all without them knowing who is doing this for them!

One thing I’ve learned thru this ministry is that I don’t need to know all the details of a person’s life in order to pray for them! God knows everything about them and that is sufficient. I need to rest in the knowledge that HE Is Able... I need to trust that He will do as He needs to do in their lives – I am to be obedient by lifting them in prayer daily!
This has become an awesome privilege for me – as well as a responsibility!

Prayer is a gift that we give to someone – that they give to us!
We are called to help people with their physical needs but these material things are only temporary! Praying for another person can have eternal effects in their life!

My new secret sister this year is ..... whoa! I can’t say anything about her here b/c she may read this and know right away who I am .... and I want to keep that a secret! This year I have been given a gal that I know fairly well – so it will be a challenge to surprise her at the end of the year!

1 Peter 3:12 (a)...
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,

Prayer is the greatest gift we can give to anyone!
Remember this today as you go and do ....
Be in prayer for everyone you come in contact with – standing in line at the grocery store; waiting at a stop light; hearing an ambulance drive by; for your co-workers; your spouse; your children; your pastors; your family; and friends; for the gals in your Bible study group; for the teachers in your children’s schools.... and the list goes on and on.

We CAN make a difference in the world as we lift our fellow man to the God of all – He will work in their lives – to Him be the Glory!

Have a blessed day – dear sisters!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!