picture

picture

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blessed ...

Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it,
because the time is near.
Revelation 1:3
Did you know that there are 7 beatitudes - blessings - in the Book of Revelation?
A few years ago I discovered this fact,
prepared a Small Group Study on these Blessings.
Sometimes I pick up my Bible and just read the 7 blessings found here.
Today I want to focus for a moment just on this first one!
Jesus has promised this blessing to us if we READ, HEAR, TAKE IT TO HEART...
We must READ -
all of the Word of God.
I talked with a gal the other day who doesn't like to read
the Old Testament - finds it too gory.
I know a lady whose husband only reads what is written in red letters;
some people don't read Revelation because of all the symbolism
and they don't understand it.
We MUST READ IT ALL!
We must HEAR - uhmmm.
In order to "hear" something it must be said aloud...
maybe this means we read the Word to each other;
or we read it aloud in our quiet time.
Whatever - we must HEAR - we can hear but not really listen to something.
I am sure we are to HEAR and LISTEN!
It is only then that understanding, or change may occur.
(Some mornings I sit at my computer and the radio is on and I'm "hearing" it but I can't tell you a thing they are saying or singing -
therefore I am not listening to it).
We must TAKE IT TO HEART -
this requires obedience from us!
BELIEVE every word of His Word!
It is the Truth for our lives!
We read and hear what He has said to us and we know
that we need to make some changes -
could be in the area of forgiveness, gossiping, grumbling, etc.
When He speaks we must listen and obey!
My Prayer today is for every reader of this blog to go to the Word -
to read it - to hear with your heartstrings what God is saying to you,
and to take it to heart -
put it into action ... live your lives for Him; with Him at the center!
Blessings on you dear ones!
Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!